Distance from Amban Heritage : 19.9 km
Thalaserry fort, located at a distance of 22 kms from Kannur constructed in 1708 AD was the military centre of the British.
When the British East India Company established its settlement on the Malabar Coast, they built the Thalaserry Fort, as a testimonial to their colonial imperialism. In 1700, the British built the Thalassery Fort on a small hill called Tiruvellapadkunnu and in 1708, it was strengthened by increasing its height and with bastions.
The fort is a square structure built of laterite and is distinguished by its massive ventilated walls and strong flanking bastions. The fort has secret tunnels to the sea and intricately carved huge doors. It was here that Haider's captain was imprisoned.